We are excited to announce our program for the 2016/2017 school year. This program is designed for students who are serious about ballet and looking towards a career in this dance form. Similar to the progressive training offered by the National Ballet School of Canada, the program is designed to take the student from the earliest stages of intensive training to the beginning of their professional ballet career. In addition, students will receive individual support from three former professional dancers with over thirty years of collective experience. This will provide students access to the world's best teachers, choreographers, and coaches through the vast network of connections held by the leadership group.
Currently, we are accepting applications for levels 1 and 2 as well as for our post-graduate program.
Providing comprehensive instruction of the highest quality, our program focuses on more than just technique. Students will explore artistry, musicality, and the intangible qualities sought in professional dancers today. Our syllabus will be a mix of the world's leading styles and classes will include ballet, pointe, dance history and repertoire, and contemporary.
What students can expect in their first year:
- significant improvements in basic ballet technique
- enhanced knowledge of dance history, better understanding of ballet stories and their origins, an awareness of influential choreographers, composers, and dancers
- improvements in strength and ability on pointe, and in contemporary dance
In the spring an assessment class, adjudicated by a panel of industry professionals, will be held in place of exams.
Class Schedule and Location
Professional Division classes will be held in the Evergreen Community Spaces
1709 8th Ave NE
Class days and times for Professional Division students are as follows:
Tuesdays: 5-7 Ballet in the Maple Studio
Wednesdays: 5-7 Ballet in the Birch Studio
7:30-8:30 Pointe in the Elm Studio
Fridays: 4:30-6:30 Ballet in the Elm Studio
6:30-7:30 Contemporary in the Elm Studio
Saturdays: 9:30-11 Ballet in the Birch Studio
11-12 Dance History/Repertoire in the Birch Studio
Post-Graduate classes will be held at Crossings Dance Studios
#215, 229-153rd Ave SE
Class days and times for Post-Graduate students are:
Monday: 9:30-11:00 Ballet
Tuesday: 9:30-11:00 Ballet
11:15-12:30 Dance History/Repertoire
Wednesday: 9:30-12:30 Contemporary
Thursday: 9:30-11:30 Ballet
11:45-12:30 Body Conditioning
Friday: 9:30-11:30 Ballet
*Students have the option to join Saturday classes at Evergreen*
Important Dates and Holidays:
Start Date: Tuesday September 13, 2016
Winter Break: December 22-January 9
Assessment Classes: March 21, 22, 24
Spring Break: March 25-April 3
Easter Break: April 14-April 17
Last day of classes: Friday June 16, 2017
All students will be assessed based on ability during the first week of classes. From there we will place them in either level 1 or level 2. Level one is for students at a level equivalent to elementary or a beginner intermediate. Level 2 is for students at a level equivalent to a more experienced intermediate or advanced dancer. The Post-Graduate program is for students who have graduated high school and are seeking intensive training before commencing on an audition tour or a career in professional ballet or contemporary dance.
Level 1: $6500.00/year
Level 2: $6500.00/year
w Saturday Ballet $7745.00/year
w Saturday Ballet and Repertoire $8295.00/year
**payment options available**
Private Coaching: $100.00/hr + studio rental fee
Solo Choreography (Ballet or Contemporary):
$300.00 + studio rental fee
*This includes 4 hours to set and coach the solo
To book a private or for solo choreography please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the 2016/2017 Program please follow the instructions below:
- Visit the "Registration" page (using the link located at the top left corner of the web page).
- Fill out the online registration form (incomplete forms will not be accepted).
- Choose the appropriate "2016/2017" Program and Level.
- Submit two photographs of you/your child in the following positions to email@example.com. One photo in tendu a la second with arms in second position and one in first arabesque.
- We will be in contact with you within 48 hours to discuss the non-refundable registration fee ($100.00 which will be credited to the first tuition payment), next steps in the registration process, and tuition payment options (should you/your child gain acceptance to the program).